Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brennen is sick

Brennen has not been feeling well for the last 10 days or so. We thought he was teething, and he was. Then about 4 days ago he started running a fever. I didn't want to take him to the doctor so I tried to wait this one out. Yesterday his temp was up to 102.5 and I thought we better call the doc. So we took him in this morning and the doc saw a rash and said he has a virus. He told me the virus usually last 3-5 days and if I would have waited one more day Brennen would probably be fine. However, I am sure he didn't mind the extra $20 from me and whatever my insurance pays for office visits, for the 5 minutes he spent with us. Not a bad days work if you ask me. I feel like if I don't take Brennen to the doc and he ends up being really sick then I am a bad mom and if I do take him to the doc and there is nothing they can do for him then I am an overreactive, bad mom. So either way, you guessed it, I am a bad mom when it comes to taking my child to the doctor. The last time I took him to the doc he told me to wait 10 days and call him if he wasn't better. Yes I waited 3 hours in the waiting room and paid my $20 for that visit too. Anyone else feel this way?

2 comments:

The Liberto Family said...

I hope Brennen is feeling better!
Yes, that has happen to me. I took Melissa in to her Dr and thought she had an ear infection. The Dr, just thought I was crazy. Don't these Dr know that we are 1st time moms and we don't know anything! I felt like a stupid for even going in and wasting $20.00. I know we aren't the only ones that have done this.

Amy said...

I can't remember the last time our pediatrician actually SAW Kaelin. Probably when she was 6 months old. We always end up getting appointments with the nurse practitioner... Who I like better than the pediatrician anyway, so I guess that's ok. I just think it's weird when you're so busy you can't even fit all your patients in.