Friday, November 30, 2007
A First I Never Wanted to Happen
Brennen is going to be having surgery on Monday December 3, 2007. After many extremely long nights over the Thanksgiving Holiday we arrived back in Denton on Thursday. Brennen did not sleep much last Wednesday or Thursday night and the time he did sleep it was on my chest. So needless to say, Barrett got very little sleep and I got very, very, very little sleep. Brennen acted fine during the day, but did not want to take a nap. So we took him to a Clinic in Wichita Falls on Friday. They told us he had an ear infection and we got some medicine for him. Friday night was better, but still only about 3-4 hours of sleep (I know your thinking...that is better?). Saturday night was a little better than Friday, but Sunday night he was still waking up crying. So Monday I took him to his doctor and told him about our week. He looked at his ears and said that there was no infection at that time, but maybe the meds helped. So he checked him out and he found that Brennen has a hernia. He said that that might be what was making him uncomfortable, but he didn't know. So on Tuesday we went to see the surgeon and everything went fine. Brennen doesn't seem to be hurting right now. So Monday at 8:30am Brennen will be having surgery. The hardest part will probably be getting him to the hospital in the morning with out giving him any food. I know he is not going to be happy about that. So be praying for us and the doctor. I am sure it will be harder on Barrett and I than on Brennen. I know people say that it is no big deal, but when it comes to your baby it is the biggest deal in your life. I know Brennen will be fine and I have faith in the doctor and God. So we will bring him home on Monday afternoon and I heard he could be back to normal that night or the next morning. I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on and I will post an update when I have a chance. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment