He can pull himself onto our bed without any help. Our bed is really tall and he stands on the side railing and pulls himself up with the fitted sheets. I saw him do this for the first time this week. Then he loves to jump on the bed. He has learned to turn around and slide off the bed, and anywhere else he has climbed onto, feet first instead of on his head.
He is so much fun right now and I know it is only going to get better. The older he gets the more things we will get to experience with him. He has turned our world upside down, but he teaches us so many things. He is such a happy little boy. Yes, we have our very defiant day, but we also have our angel days.
This past Thursday he tested me every minute he was awake. He even woke up at midnight crying. I think he was just trying to see if I would come get him.....and I did. No matter what I said he did the opposite to see what he could get away with. Then when Barrett got home he tested him. Thursday was one of his defiant days. Then Friday came along and he was a true angel. He slept until 8:30am, which means I got the sleep in a little. Then we went to lunch at Chick-fil-a and he ate his meal without fussing. Then he went to the play area and played all by himself without crying. (Yes, there is a big window that I could see him through). Then we went to Wal-Mart and he never fussed even though we were about 30 minutes late for his nap. When we got home he took a 3 hour nap without any problems. He got up in a good mood and we went to "Going Bonker" so he could play. We played there until 9pm and then came home. He went to bed without a fight and slept all night. He was such a wonderful baby that day. Those days definately overshadow the defiant days.
Brennen is getting to actually eat off of a plate. I know...he is growing up too fast. He loves his pancakes and he didn't even throw the plate on the floor. That is a plus in my book. He also has started showing off for the camera. This is really the first time he has done this, but he would smile everytime I would take a picture.
3 comments:
You are so right, where did the time go! Brennen can't be 18 months already! When was the last time we saw you guys! Lets plan on getting to gether soon. I know Melissa would love playing with Brennen. She also loves water. I love Brennen's red hair!
He is getting sooooo big.
Tell him I'm jealous of the Chick-fil-A...the only place to get decent chicken strips here is KFC. That isn't saying much...
That second picture from the bottom is ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment